School District 75 'Mission Public Schools' is a medium-sized school district in the Fraser Valley, servicing the urban centre of Mission, as well as several smaller communities running east towards the Harrison Mills/Kent area. Mission Public School District is located on the Traditional, Ancestral, Unsurrendered, and Shared territories of the Stó:lō people, of Leq'á:mel, Semá:th, Máthxwi, Sq'éwlets, and Qwó:ltl'el First Nations, stewards of this land since time immemorial. We appreciate and embrace the vital role of all Indigenous peoples, groups, organizations, and associations residing on and within these lands. We also acknowledge and share traditional teachings of Indigenous Elders and Knowledge Keepers and the sharing of Indigenous Knowledge and Worldviews in the curriculum and throughout our workspaces.
Mission Public School District (MPSD) serves approximately 6500 students, and the geographic area has over 40,000 residents and is growing. The western portions of the district serve as an exurb to Metro Vancouver, while the eastern portion is highly rural. MPSD has 13 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, a large senior secondary, an alternate school, and a vocational college.
We are large enough to provide a variety of programs and services, and small enough to build meaningful relationships with our students, parents, colleagues, and other stakeholders.
The district is focused on following the Strategic Plan which sets the direction for the organization and supports student learning. Click here to learn more about the strategic plan and related priorities. Finally, we are committed to forming safe and inclusive workspaces and schools. To learn more, review our policies on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion and Safe, Caring and Respectful Workplaces.
If you're looking for a fantastic workplace and professional growth opportunity, make Mission Public Schools your mission!
What opportunities do we offer?
- District Mentorship/ Leadership Groups
- In-house training, online training, leadership training, and professional development opportunities
- Wide range of career opportunities: Classroom Teachers, Education Assistants, Office Staff, Custodians, Building Service Workers, Bus Drivers, Network Systems technicians, Indigenous Liaison Workers, and more!
- Access to wellness resources
- A great place to live that is relatively affordable compared to other lower mainland cities
- Variety of staff benefits: pension, extended health/ medical, LTD, paid vacation, sick leave, mat leave, paid stat holidays, family responsibility leave, mileage, and more
Mission, British Columbia is nestled on a southern coastal mountain slope, overlooking the lush valley of the mighty Fraser River. Ideally situated, Mission is located an hour east of Vancouver and just a 15-minute drive from the U.S. border. Mission was originally inhabited by the Stó:lō First Nations people, and today this rapidly growing and dynamic centre is home to a population of some 38,000 residents. Come see why Mission is "the Jewel in the Valley".