1. Be respectful to all other riders, the bus driver, pedestrians and motorists.
2. Only registered riders shall ride the bus and must ride their assigned bus.
3. Any willful damage and costs related to the repair of such damage to the bus by a student shall be the responsibility of the student and/or their parents/legal guardian
4. The District Code of Conduct (Policy #19) and Student Conduct Standards and Behaviour Management (Administrative Procedure #114) apply to all students while on the bus and at a bus stop. The policy and the procedure may be viewed at www.mpsd.ca
Waiting for the Bus
1. Be at your assigned stops five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
2. Stay off the road, and do not throw things in the bus stop area.
3. Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop and the door is open before boarding.
Boarding the Bus
1. Form a single line as you walk onto the bus.
2. Respect personal space between yourself and the student ahead of you.
3. Go to your seat and sit down. Students may be assigned to a specific seat.
4. Small items may be carried onto the bus which must be carried on your lap. If the driver thinks an item will block the aisle or seat it will not be allowed.
5. Any objects deemed to pose a safety risk by School District staff are not allowed on the bus.
On the Bus
1. Follow the bus driver's instructions.
2. Sit facing forward with your back against the seat. Keep your legs, feet, and personal belongings out of the aisle. Do not sit sideways or turn around in your seat.
3. Put your backpack or book bag on your lap.
4. Keep your belongings inside your backpack or book bag.
5. Use the garbage can, not the floor.
6. Do not put anything outside the window. This includes your hands and head.
7. Use a quiet voice when talking to other riders.
8. Do not eat or drink on the bus.
Leaving the Bus
1. Cross at a marked street crossing or intersection where possible.
2. Students leaving the bus may cross the road in front of the bus if the vehicle is stationary and the RED LIGHTS ARE FLASHING.