Skip to main content
Learn 75Curriculum ConnectionsMPSDMail

Student Records


A transcript is an official document that shows your secondary school marks and credits in a British Columbia Graduation Program. It is a listing of a student's academic record relating to a BC Graduation Program, which includes courses completed successfully, grades earned, honours received, and graduation status.

Your transcript, not your Graduation Certificate (diploma), is the legal document proving graduation.

Official Transcripts, Graduation Certificates and GED records can be obtained from the Ministry of Education in Victoria B.C. online Ministry of Education - Transcripts and Certificates.

Any questions or concerns about ordering official documents from the Ministry of Education can be emailed to
Please contact your last school of record or the school district office,  if you last attended school in 1985 or earlier.
If you require College or University records, you must contact those institutions to obtain those records.

Permanent Student Record (PSR) Card
A Permanent Student Record (PSR) Card is a listing of a student's entire academic record for grades K-12, which includes courses taken, achievement records (excluding provincial exams), absences, schools attended and graduation status.

You may wish to request your PSR for the following reasons:

  • To document marks from courses that do not appear on your transcript (most transcripts only show results from grades 11 and 12)
  • To confirm your attendance at a school
  • To help confirm the language of instruction 
  • To document any other information about your program of instruction
Current Students

Students can obtain a PSR card from the school that they are presently enrolled in or last attended.​

Personal Education Numbers

Your nine-digit PEN can be found on your student records or report card.

To obtain your Personal Education Number (PEN), please contact the Ministry of Education. 

Your PEN is not required for registration (electronic or otherwise), to any post-secondary institution.

Not having this number cannot deny or delay your registration in any manner.​