The SOGI School Lead raises awareness of SOGI issues and supports students and teachers in their school to be inclusive and implement SOGI policies and initiatives. All activities vary by school, and the SOGI School Lead role can be shared to enhance collaboration opportunities.
Lead SOGI events, activities and initiatives within the school:
- Provide guidance for teachers on incorporating SOGI awareness into grade-level curriculum, including helping to find or create lesson plans in support of SOGI education
- Develop and lead presentations for staff meetings
- Liaise with SOGI School Leads from other schools in the district to share information and engage in professional development opportunities
- Support SD75 SOGI activities and initiatives, possibly including Gender-Sexuality Alliances (GSA's), and district / community events
- Support teachers and students with the creation of new GSA's and promote existing GSA's to teachers, staff, and administrators
- Support families, staff and students with SOGI questions/issues/situations as they arise